Search This Blog

01 August 2008

Only video mode: 640x480

After a fresh install, the only video mode I had available was 640x480 @ 50 Hz. Well, that's definitely not right. It could be because of the KVM, but I noticed a lot of people using nVidia had the same problem. I used the notes I found here to fix it...

I changed quite a few things, saved, exited, came back in, ran the utility again and saved the config once I had it where I wanted it... That of course overwrote most of the changes (like the monitor name), so... here's the tidbit end result that matters...
Section "Monitor"
    # HorizSync source: xconfig, VertRefresh source: xconfig
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "CRT-0"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 81.0
    VertRefresh     56.0 - 75.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

No comments:

Post a Comment